Books and Monographs
- Srinivasan, S and Ranganathan, R. 2014, ‘India’s legendary wootz steel’, Chennai, Universities Press.
- Srinivasan, S, and Ranganathan, S., 2013, Minerals and Metals in India, NIAS Backgrounder, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore.
- Juleff, G., Srinivasan, S. and Ranganathan, S. 2011, ‘Pioneering metallurgy: origins of iron and steel making in the southern Indian subcontinent. Telengana Field Survey, Interim Report 2011’, National Institute of Advanced Studies and University of Exeter.
- Srinivasan, S. 2008. Finger-printing of Bronzes. Bulletin of the Government Museum, New Series-General Section, Vol. XVI, No. 4: 1-27.
- Srinivasan, S and Ranganathan, R. 2004, ‘India’s legendary wootz steel: an advanced material of the ancient world’, National Institute of Advanced Studies and Indian Institute of Science, supported by Tatasteel.
- Srinivasan, S. 2014, ‘Aesthetics and Foundations of Science: insights from Indian metallurgical traditions’, In: B.V. Sreekantan (ed), Foundation of Sciences, Vol XIII, Part 5, History of Science, Philosophy and Culture in Indian civilization, Delhi: Pearson, pp. 210-254.
- Srinivasan, S., 2013, ‘Iconographic trends in Rama worship: Insights from techno-cultural studies of bronzes’, Conference on ‘The Ramayana in Literature, Society and the Arts’, Feb 1-2, CPR Publications, CP Ramaswamy Aiyar Institute of Indological Research, Chennai, pp 345-62.
- Srinivasan, S. 2013, ‘Megalithic and surviving binary high-tin bronze traditions in southern India: Tracing binary bronze usage to Harappan times’, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Springer, 66 (5-6): 731-737.
- Srinivasan, S. 2013, “Techno-cultural Perspectives on Medieval Southeast Asia and Southern India: Pallava Bronzes and Beyond”, in Materializing Southeast Asia’s Past: Selected Papers from the 12th International Conference of the European Association of Southeast Asian Archaeologists, Volume 2, ed. Marijke J. Klokke and Veronique Degroot, pp. 167-78 (Singapore: NUS Press).
- Srinivasan, S. 2013, Indian iron and steel, with special reference to southern India, In World of Iron, ed Jane Humphris and T.H. Rehren, London, Archetype Press: pp. 83-90.