Organizer/chair/ keynote speaker/important conference talks, key lectures
- Co-organiser, International Workshop on Material Culture, co-organised by NIAS with Jain University, Bangalore, ASI and Exeter University (11th-14th April 2014)
- Srinivasan, S. Nov 26th, 2013, ‘Metallurgy in Archaeology’, National seminar on South Indian Archaeology, World Heritage Week celebrations, ASI and Christ University
- Srinivasan, S., 7th Oct 2013, ‘Art history and inter-disciplinary interventions’, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishat, Dept of Art History, College of Fine Arts
- Srinivasan, S, Aug, 6, 2013, Metallurgical analysis: Role of Chemistry in Archaeology, Symposium on application of sciences in Archaeology, Indian Museum, Kolkata
- Aug 14th-20th, 2013, Three lectures for international workshop on ‘Personal Adornment from Pattanam and beyond’, organised by KCHR with British Museum and Pondicherry University.
- Srinivasan, S, 11th April 2014, Lecture-demonstration, ‘Dance and material culture’, Jain University, Material Culture Workshop, NIAS, with ASI.
- Srinivasan, S., 21-23rd January 2014, Cultural Anthropology of Bronze Casting, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- Srinivasan, S., 7th-9th January 2014, Arguing for a role for ‘scientific cultural anthropology’ in contributing to greater ‘societal awareness’ ‘How can liberal arts and sciences help address some of the societal problems within India and promote equity in society’: The Future of Liberal Arts in India, Yale-India Initiative and Raman Research Institute.
- Srinivasan, S., 9th-11th 2013, December, Cultural and artisanal landscapes: insights from the World heritage zones of Tanjavur and Kumbakonam, Workshop on World Heritage Sites and cultural landscapes, ASI, National Monuments Advisory, India International Centre, New Delhi
- Srinivasan, S., 29, Nov 2013, Vanishing heritage of Kammalar and Vishwakarma, workshop on Worldview of Viswakarma, Consultative meeting, IGNCA, New Delhi
Outreach (Exhibitions, documentary films, performances etc)
- Interview on Sankara TV (Tamil/Kannada) aired on Sivaratri day, March 2014, on the Nataraja bronze and art-science-dance perspectives
- Recordings of Hampi ‘musical’ pillars made by Sharada used in BBC Radio 4 programme by Prof David Hendey of University of Sussex in the programme ‘Noise: A human history’, http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rlmq0/Noise_A_Human_History_Heavenly_Sounds/
- Co-curator of Exhibition on ‘Materials Heritage’, IISc Open Day, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, March 2012-2014, with screening of video with Srinivasan’s commentaries on high-tin bronze metal mirror making at Aranmula
- Photo-montage exhibition ‘Cosmic Dance of Siva: art, science, dance interfaces in the Nataraja bronzes’ at Nehru Centre, London, (Aug 2011), Cite De L’Espace, Toulouse, Oct. 2009, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Alliance Francaise, Bangalore, 2009, 2008.
- Commentaries for documentaries on Aranmula high-tin bronze mirror making, and ‘Image Casting in Swamimalai’ made by Medieval Centre, Denmark and interviews on Chola bronzes, Swamimalai bronze casting and the making of stone monolithic shrine of Ellora for Benoy Behl’s series on ‘Sculptures of India’ featured on Doordarshan, Indian Television